Pages

Sunday 13 July 2008

Armenia: 'macho' PM


... or shall I say PR, PR till the end?! It seems that our PM's PR machine is working at its full force. This particular news item apparently aimed at toughening PM Tigran Sargsyan image to accommodate our macho loving society preferences.

Armenian Prime Minister hit the "top ten" in the shooting on target

Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan has demonstrated "excellent results" in the shooting on target. According to the "Novosti-Armenia", head of the Armenian Government hit the "top ten", shooting from a pistol "Beretta".

Unsurprisingly, "excellent sniper ability" were demonstrated by Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan, who hit the "top ten" too, using 12.7 mm calibre sniper rifle "Black Arrow".

Armenian PM, accompanied by Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanyan and other members of the government, was visiting our troops and military positions along the North-East borders on 12 July, Saturday.

*photo - via Aravot daily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's just too funny.

Should we be worried that our government members are practicing their "sniper abilities"?

Btw, Ohanyan is a quality cadre, his March 1st "performances" notwithstanding he's probably one of maybe two qualified people in government along with Eritsyan. Hopefully he can bring some sense of stability and safety to the army.

Anonymous said...

me, u r very good at defaming persons


Seyran Ohanyan is a true hero and very qualified cadre

heriqa eli

Anonymous said...

Isn't that what I said? That's exactly what I said. Read please.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry 'me'

But I couldn't understand "his March 1st "performances"" passage of your text?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't a fan of some his March 1st press conferences, but as I said I have a lot of faith in the guy. I know he's a professional, and has a no-nonsense attitude, and so hopefully he can make some changes to what is an abysmal situation in the conscript army.

I was certainly not trying to "defame" him, as I said, he's one of maybe 2 relatively trustworthy people in the government today.

Anonymous said...

I know it is much more fashionable to either entirely love or hate the government, or better yet equate the current administration with the previous, but my 2 cents are that the Sargsyan appointments are quite promising. Yeritsyan, Ohanyan, Tigran Sargsyan are all professionals and seem to be very action oriented. They seem to be rising above petty politics and are taking a cold look at the problems in Armenia.

Haik said...

I like the sign :)
It is plunked there just for this occasion. Strange they didnt plant some flowers under the stick.
The slogan is also funny, an example of soviet primitivism.