Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Kyrgyzstan: #freekg? I do not think so... Not sure, at least

Following current developments in Kyrgyzstan on Twitter, I noticed the hashtag #freekg...

We've seen the eventual transformation of a 'Tulip Revolution' in Kyrgyzstan, 'Rose Revolution' in Georgia...'Democrats' turned into autocrats.

#freekg? I do not think so... Will abstain from using #freekg on Twitter, as not sure that current opposition there won't be the same after they come to the power.

I know, I know, similar thoughts could be applied to Armenia too. Anyway...

Sad that reality check ruins people's hopes like that...

2 comments:

Ankakh_Hayastan said...

Maybe it is possible that whoever becomes the governor of Kirgizistan will remember how the previous two administrations were ousted by popular demand. Or, they may prepare themselves to be oppressive enough to prevent that (something like what Kocharian/SS did in Armenia).

artmika said...

'Taste' of power shortens memories...