Pages

Saturday 24 April 2010

London's Armenian community marks 95th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide



There was much smaller crowd compared to previous years, and I can't say I was particularly impressed by the organisational aspects of the march.


I thought it was cute to see these matching tops (I presume, father and son).


For the first time, I spotted Karabakh's flag in London.


The office of Turkish Airlines was on a route of the march (it's been the case as much as I can remember). Over these past several years, only once, couple of years ago, I noticed few Turkish protesters there holding various posters. I can't recall any incidents, but sensitivities were always high when passing by this office. Today, I noticed that the office is shut down and apparently no longer functioning on that address. Have no idea about details.

2 comments:

Haik said...

The Turkish Airlines office on Pall Mall -Hey Market intersection was shut down for over a year now. Around the time of the economic downturn. I guess they couldn't afford the rent anymore at a such prime location.

artmika said...

Thanks for clarifications, Haik.