Pages

Friday 24 June 2016

Remain. #Brexit

I never had any doubts re where I stand on this question. I was a voter. And I voted for Remain. Here is my #VoteRemain.


I strongly believe with all its issues and problems, the positive of the EU far outweighs the negative. And if you did follow the debate in the UK, and if you do follow my blogs and Twitter updates, you would know that I could never ever support those behind the campaign to leave. The most prominent #Brexit campaigners were nationalists, racists, full of hate towards migrants, and their vision of the UK and the worldview is totally opposite to mine.

In the early hours of the morning, it became clear that nationalism, racism, isolationism, hate - i.e. #Brexit - narrowly won this EU referendum.

The United Kingdom is a country that includes England (voted Leave), Scotland (voted Remain), Wales (voted Leave), and Northern Ireland (voted Remain).

This "Kingdom" is anything but "United".

As Edward Snowden tweeted: "No matter the outcome, #Brexit polls demonstrate how quickly half of any population can be convinced to vote against itself. Quite a lesson."